Programs Outside U.S.
Table of Contents
Trading Programs Outside of the United States
Comparative International Studies
- Comparing Water Quality Trading Programs: What Lessons Are There To Learn? (2012). Suzie Greenhalgh and Mindy Selman. JRAP 42(2): 104-125.
- An Integrated Assessment of Water Markets: Australia, Chile, China, South Africa, and the USA. (July 2010). R. Quentin Grafton, Clay Landry, Gary D. Libecap, Sam McGlennon, and Robert O'Brien. NBER Working Paper No. 16203.
- Water Quality Programs: An International Overview. (March 2009). Mindy Selman, Suzie Greenhalgh, Evan Branosky, Cy Jones, and Jenny Guiling. WRI Issue Brief no.1.
- Report: "Effluent and Manure Management Database for the Australian Dairy Industry."
Hunter River Salinity Trading
Australian National Market-based Instruments
South Creek Bubble
- Institutional Impediments to Groundwater Trading: The Case of the Gnangara Groundwater System of Western Australia. (2013). Skurray, James H, Ram Pandit, and David J Pannell. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management: 56(7), pages 1046-1072.
- Lake Simcoe, Ontario:
- Lake Simcoe Phosphorus Offset Program: Summary Report. (August 2014). XCG Consultants LTD & Kieser & Associates, LLC. Prepared for the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority.
- Table of General Permits for use Within the Lahontan Region.
- Water Quality Trading in the Lake Simcoe Watershed: Feasibilitiy Study. (February 2010). XCG Consultants LTD & Kieser & Associates, LLC.
- [Bill 99 Lake Simcoe Protection Act](http://www.ontla.on.ca/bills/bills-files/39_Parliament/Session1/b099.pdf): To protect and restore the ecological health of the Lake Simcoe Watershed and to amend the Ontario Water Resources Act in respect of Water Quality Trading (see Section 30).
Can Water Quality Trading Help to Address Agricultural Sources of Pollution in Canada?. (2006). Agriculture and Agri-food Canada, Environment Canada, and Canadian Water Network.
- South Nation River Watershed (Ontario):
Assessing the Feasibility of Nutrient Trading Between Point and Nonpoint Sources in the Lake Chao Basin: Project Result / Case Study. (28 February 2013).
An Eco-Compensation Policy Framework for the People's Republic of China: Challenges and Opportunities. (October 2010). Asian Development Bank.
- "Grain for Green:" Program utilizes an intermediary-based transaction (local government) internal trading payment mechanism where the central government allocates funding for compensation to farmers setting aside part of their cropland.
Tradable Discharge Permits System for Water Pollution. (1998).
- Upper Nanpan River: Case Study.
- Jesus De Otoro:
- A program focusing on water quality and reducing water pollution using improved management practices and a point system to determine payments.
- Sukhomajri: Community Watershed Management
- Focuses on water quality through participatory integrated watershed management projects using best management practices. Their payment mechanism is an NGO intermediary-based transaction and tradable water rights/user fees.
- Kenya Integrated Ecosystem Project:
- A Market Design strategy for Water Quality to reduce erosion and pollutants into Lake Victoria and also includes carbon credits from tree planting and biodiversity.
- Dutch Nutrient Quota System
- Presentation and Report.
- Nutrient Trading in Lake Rotorua: Where Are We Now? Working Paper. (2007).
- Silvio Pastoral: Columbia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua