Water Quality Trading Federal Resources
Table of Contents
U.S Policies and Guidance for Water Quality Trading
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
EPA WQT Regulations & Guidance:
- (2020) EPA Paper: Water Quality Trading on a Watershed Scale
- (2019) EPA Current WQT Policy: Updating the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Water Quality Trading Policy to Promote Market-Based Mechanisms for Improving Water Quality
- (2013) EPA confirms WQT is consistent with Clean Water Act: Senate Hearing 113-700
- (2009) EPA Updated WQT Toolkit for Permit Writers : Water Quality Trading Toolkit for Permit Writers.
- (2008) EPA Report: Water Quality Trading Evaluation:Final Report.
- (2007) EPA Report: Wetlands and Water Quality Trading:Review of Current Science and Economic Practices with Selected Case Studies: Review of Current Science and Economic Practices with Selected Case Studies.
- (2004) EPA Assessment Handbook:Water Quality Trading Assessment Handbook: Can Water Quality Trading Advance Your Watershed's Goals?.
- (2003) Original WQT Policy Final Water Quality Trading Policy: Federal Register Issuance.
EPA WQT Resources:
- EPA Water Quality Trading Basics and Policy Resources Webpage: EPA Water Quality Trading Trading Basics and Policy Resources Webpage
- EPA Progress Map of Numeric Criteria for Nutrogen and Phosphorus: State Development of Numeric Criteria
- EPA Report: State Adoption of Numeric Nutrient Standards: 1998-2008
- EPA FAQ Webpage: Frequently Asked Questions about Water Quality Trading.
- EPA Case Study Factsheets:
US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
USDA Guidance and Resources for Environmental Markets
- USDA-EPA Water Quality Trading Roadmap: USDA-EPA Water Quality Trading Roadmap
- USDA Office of Environmental Markets Webpage: USDA Office of Environmental Markets
- USDA Water Quality Markets: USDA Water Quality Markets Webpage
- (2016) EPA/USDA Blog: EPA and USDA Pledge Actions to Support America’s Growing Water Quality Trading Markets
- (2015) EPA-USDA Report: EPA-USDA National Workshop on Water Quality Markets
USDA Tools for Environmental Markets
- Nutrient Tracking Tool (NTT) for Quantifying Sediment and Nutrient Loss from Cropland and Pasture: Nutrient Tracking Tool